Howard Stern will honor David Bowie with The Howard Stern Tribute to David Bowie, premiering on Friday, February 9th, exclusively on Stern’s SiriusXM channel Howard 101.
“When I got into rock and roll music, one the artists that I first really got into was David Bowie,” says Stern. “He was always evolving, he was always on top things, he was just a great musician and a great songwriter and a great singer. I want to make sure that people remember David Bowie.”
The Howard Stern Tribute to David Bowie will feature a wide variety artists inspired by the late musician, performing his songs with their own inventive styles and interpretations. The contributors range from legends such as Peter Frampton, Daryl Hall, and Todd Rundgren; to recent breakthroughs including Greta Van Fleet, Biffy Clyro, and The Struts; and a rare collaboration between rock stalwarts Umphrey’s McGee, Huey Lewis, and saxophonist Jeff Cfin.
Each artist selected and performed their songs exclusively for Stern’s special, with Peter Frampton recording before a live audience.
The tribute broadcast will be hosted by Bowie’s long-time producer Tony Visconti. “David Bowie’s lasting influence on music, past, present, and future is absolutely phenomenal. He will be played a hundred years from now,” Visconti states. “I’m glad we can share these fantastic interpretations his songs. The people who rose to the occasion for the Howard Stern tribute did an amazing job.”
The Howard Stern Tribute to David Bowie will premiere on Friday, February 9th at 10 pm ET. The special will also be available On Demand the SiriusXM app.
SiriusXM subscribers with streaming access can also listen to SiriusXM’s 200+ channels on smartphones, as well as at home on a wide variety connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, Sony PlayStation, Sonos speakers and more.
Below is the full set list for The Howard Stern Tribute to David Bowie, airing exclusively on SiriusXM’s Howard 101 channel:
- Peter Frampton – Rebel Rebel (Live)
- Garbage – Starman
- Greta Van Fleet – The Jean Genie
- Umphrey’s McGee featuring Huey Lewis & Jeff Cfin – Let’s Dance
- Kristeen Young co-produced by Tony Visconti – Moonage Daydream
- Britt Daniel – Never Let Me Down
- Durand Jones & The Indications – Young Americans
- Corey Taylor – Fashion
- Michael Penn – After All
- The Struts – Suffragette City
- Lisa Loeb – All The Young Dudes
- Sun Kil Moon featuring Petra Haden – John, I’m Only Dancing
- Jade Bird – Quicksand
- Biffy Clyro – Modern Love
- Bones – I’m Afraid Americans
- Shawn Colvin – Heroes
- Todd Rudgren – Life On Mars?
- Dawes – Oh! You Pretty Things
- Nikki Lane – Golden Years
- Bleachers – Ziggy Stardust
- Car Seat Headrest – Ashes to Ashes
- Low Cut Connie – Diamond Dogs
- Daryl Hall – Fame
- Gogol Bordello – Rock N Roll Suicide
- William Patrick Corgan – Space Oddity