Exclusive Interview With Emerging British Rapper Deemun – “Getting Started”
UK-based Hip-Hop artist Deemun recently dropped his debut project, a single and music video titled “Getting Started,” released via Offlimits Records. This melodic rap track holds a mainstream appeal and brilliantly introduces the urban creator’s signature-style. We had a chance to chat with him about his new release, upcoming plans and more.
1.What got you to write this song?
It was a song I initially decided to release for my first single.
2. Did you start by writing the lyrics or the beat?And do you have a routine when creating?
I usually write the instrumental on every song, I have to listen to the beat first before writing so I know which flow and lyrics to use.
3. Talk us through the creative process behind this music video?
It was through my label Offlimits records my manager came up with the idea and process behind the music video
4. Which artists inspire you.
Polo g, lil durk & lil baby.
5. What is the main message you’d like to convey with the music video ?
Just a message to the public and future fans that this is just the start as there’s plenty of fire music on the way which have already been recorded since being under Offlimits records.
6. What makes your style so unique?
I am versatile and can do all different types of flow, melodic rap, melodic singing.
7. Any upcoming plans you would like to share with our readers?
Stay tuned for my next drop next month called ‘fake love’ if anyone who has watched my first video and saw the snippet at the end.